Wednesday, August 24, 2016

For Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Blessings ~~ Sound Sleep No Pain ~


 sound sleep no pain, on the fresh green grass
I have walked and lain,lush sweet scented

trees swinging gracefully I have seen,felt
 the sun with the breeze cool not too hot,

feeling alive after grief and sorrow,losing
dear ones,but getting more with morrow

eyes to read books and see,hearing music
of the spheres, birds gliding chirping

flowers smiling,children playing laughing
singing,joyful pleasures spreading, and yet

 there was day and night fear and fright
as I also lived with loss of speech and sight

helpless to help one with no help or sense
nor remedy for the agony that followed hence

life is a blessing with no shoes,if you have feet
to walk and legs to stand, a family to love

and prayers and grace from above, freedom
to write and food enough to share

then I may say that one is blessed, countless
graces are more than this,we cannot count

many we miss...so if there is  enough and 
life is not tough,add more chairs to the table

open the doors of your heart and soul
to truth honesty loyalty and enable

other lives towards being stable, give
and share and be grateful -Pray for All

so ye be more blessed before the final fall.....

2 comments:

Sumana Roy said...

a beautiful poem of blessing Anjum..
I think you might check out your link @ Poets United, it's not working...I came to your page through Google...

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Sumana I have checked indeed ..my Poetic Ocean link is broken..maybe I have been out of touch for a long time...but my wordpress link is connected..http://eternallights.wordpress.com

SARA FATIMA MIR- CHILDHOOD FUN