Friday, September 2, 2016

For POETS UNITED Midweek Motif ~ Conquest' - I Came, I Saw,I Wrote ~ What Was Conquered? Conversations With An Unseen Confidant ~ 2016

pencil-perceptions-i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-21432248 

      One sunny morning after a quick breakfast 
     of hot tea with toasted bread and omelette 
     we set off to the Green  Hills, 
     
so close,so peaceful,so purifying so serene
so I am falling...falling short of words, 
so I will just fall in step 
the green KIA Classic,now quite used to
 become a ready-for-action,family friendly,
 performance inspired vehicle pulling itself
 comfortably  up the curvy road
allowing the guide to steer it to the top. 

Slowly the four wheeled green among the greens 
curved as the road turned twisted and went winding, 
till there was no road...we had reached the top..
amazing peace ,incredibly sweet scented pines,
needles carpeted the small open spaces
between the tall elegant graceful trees-
sturdy solid and powerful like Life Guards
fixed in the ground studded with large
and small boulders. 
Quietude could be felt. 
IMG_20150924_130807_920

This, a conquest? a wish to be in serenity
 peaceful cool without fear or terror.
There are such places on this beautiful Earth.
If only we seek move and search...if only....

Great soldiers brave and bold came saw and conquered
rode over plains and hills,fought and killed and felt honored...
'Ah but that is not the real conquest' O peace seeker'
Oh who is this?  then what is pray let me know
Now that you have found and heard the voice of my soul'
'Listen,it is the power within you, in your inner self
the Power of Faith,the power of Will over Desire'
Let not your desires rule over your self'
'Who is a great conqueror then?
One who is able to control emotions,anger and hate
One who has learnt to serve others,with patience and love
One who has learnt to obey the Truth,the duties of real life
Above All One who has learnt that Giving and Forgiving'
leads to serenity green, eternal bliss ...
where are Alexander the Great Pharoah Ozmandias 
and King Odysseus of Ithica- so many more? 
What did they conquer? They came they saw they fought'
Others came saw wondered and wondered,pieces of metal
they found in sand and stone,the Conquering  Kings wore...
and all was history...all will be history...green will be brown
Then all was silent.
I turned...I saw the trees, 'these will stay...I have to go'
My spirit free...a conquest of my self ...I wrote...
as raindrops turned into falling snow...

No comments:

SARA FATIMA MIR- CHILDHOOD FUN