Tuesday, June 4, 2019

In Response to POETS UNITED Midweek Motif ~Telling Tales with Magaly Guerrero: a Pantry of Prose, #4 ~ From the Point of View of Trees~ I Am Enslaved







O’ there they come, I thought I would never see them again, how I have wept, shed countless leafy tears, trembled, swayed, shook with fear, braced many  storms as they struck and thought of my Parent Gardeners. Why did they leave me, the world is cruel so cruel.

O’ my tortured trunk, limbless, disabled, dried,how will they feel. They are  sad at their friends sudden passing away. They have come for condolence.He was the only neighbor who kept the lane clean, planted a flower bush outside his house and sometimes parked his car in my shade. I let him for I knew he loved all plants. I can never forget how he took a stand against his own father to save me when the lane was being laid tiled, everyone wanted the trees uprooted but he stood in my favor.
  The same green car which stood in my  shade  for so many years,  I covered it with my flowers and onlookers said, ‘where is the groom?’ it looked so beautiful with purple flowers all over it and my kind gardeners let them stay, they never swept them away…
I remember how lovingly they planted me where my roots are firm still but I am not the same I will never be…
‘They are standing in front of me, they are sad very sad and I cannot reach out to hug them thank them for all the loving moments, days months and years, they shared with me. Some cruel people have mercilessly amputated my arms, made me disabled incapable of bearing flowers…
How lovely were the sunny days when the kids of the family came and held me lovingly touched me caressed me and held my flowers with full smiles, they made me so happy
Now, I am just a pole for a letter box, some consolation but I will not last long now




   
  


8 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, how very sad! You made the voice of this tree so real, and the details of the story so moving, I cannot disbelieve.

Magaly Guerrero said...

That poor tree. So much loss... But I’m glad the tree holds on to the memories of blooms, of being loved and loving. Evan more, I love that it still finds away to feel useful in its current shape.

The image of those unswept flowers is so clear in my mind. 😊💜

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I feel for the tree, who gave so much and wound up without those who had cared for it. Love her scattering blooms over the car. Lovely to read you, Anjum.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Dear Sherry Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, how sad. We humans too often don't consider the pain nature can and does feel. How sad so many years of joy were cut down to merely turn the tree into a prop.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Yes Dear Susie indeed very tragic Thank you for your kind words and support It means so much to me

Susan said...

How wonderful that the love was mutual and that the family comes to visit. I am moved--and relate--that the tree doesn't really want them to see all the changes and how close to death she is. I hope the visitors are angry at the amputations and waste! I hope they hug her anyway.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Respected Dr Susan So true to what you have felt. The visitors were really really angry shocked and deeply grieved, perhaps more than the loss of the neighbors son.For mankind it is ordained to return to the Lord but for trees it is sacred it is written..'not to cut them, but plant them and if we pray and recite the Praise of The Almighty' He Plants a tree for the reciter in heaven. A really thoughtful wonderful prompt

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA...

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA... :    Today, we’d like to challenge you to write yo...