Wednesday, September 25, 2019

For ~ Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Honey / Bee ~ The Ant The Spider and The Bee












 The ant the spider and the bee 

I wonder which is best of the three
If I see the qualities of  insects three, 
all are unique company
each created superb in structure 
form color shape and ability

All three have the sting, a 
security weapon against the enemy
the ant has a hill the spider a web,
and hive is
 for the bee
all three industrious, restless,
focused, 
productive in unity

a pleasure to observe, a treasure to know,
a gift to enjoy nature creates miracles for
the benefit 
of mankind, a pity, if spiders ants
 and bees are killed, no honey, a cause to cry;

I wonder if I were an ant what a tiny
creature 
I would be even if I were a spider, 
even then very frail and  thin I would be
Ah but if I were a bee, then I would be 

the strongest of the three -

Then perhaps I choose to be not a spider, ant, 
but rather a bee'

15 comments:

Susan said...

It's a hard choice. For survival under duress, maybe I'd go for the spider.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Respected Dr Susan indeed such decisions are difficult but it is surely an interesting situation. Much obliged for your kind visit regards

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I enjoyed this contemplation. As bees are endangered, perhaps the ant is a good choice - though their lives are likely very brief. Nice to see you, Anjum!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is incredibly lovely in its depth and philosophy!!❤️ Kudos.

Sumana Roy said...

Yeah...Bees are sweetness itself and strength.

Old Egg said...

Bees do have a lot of commuting to do at work whereas the spider has an easier life working at home. Ants on the other hand didn't have time to chat so clearly they are under a dominant regime have no free time at all.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Respected Sherry Sanaa Sumana and Mr Old Egg, Thank you all for your interesting comments and kind visits. After a long time, I too am feeling good and so grateful to be sharing thoughts and ideas with all my friends. Welcome All and Thank you PU

Mary said...

Ah, I definitely would prefer, of these choices, to be a bee as well!! Nice to see you!

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Dear Respected Mary Wonderful to 'Bee' together Thank you

purplepeninportland.com said...

How lovely it would BEE to produce honey. Wonderful poem.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

thank you friend purplepen indeed it would Bee so

Rob Jackson said...

All beautiful creatures from my perspective, but an interesting comparison.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Mr Rob

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the play between "bee" and "be". And I, too, if I could would bee.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Friend Magaly

SARA FATIMA MIR- CHILDHOOD FUN