Friday, January 25, 2019

For dVerse ~ Tribute To Poetess Mary Oliver ~ When Death Comes...


                                                                       
when death comes 
like an iceberg...

And when it comes
 I will meet the Angel and smile
and say 'you came before and lifted me quietly,
I felt the pull
I saw my self flying straight up high
it was so swift,the flight
a few seconds and I looked down
oh where are you taking me?
my children are so young
and my parents are in later age
they need me too

 see  they are alone,
And Oh Angel you were so kind
You let me go'
You had permission to do that
and I heard you say something' ?

Now if I have been good
have looked after my parents
and have guided my children
on the straight path
I hope and pray that
 my way, will be illumined
each  day of life ,scented
colorful like daisies

life will begin afresh pure, peaceful
as the Almighty  is Gracious and Merciful 
"I  am precious to The Earth',
I need not be frightened'and definitely
not as simply having visited this world'

May You  Dear Mary Oliver Rest In Peace Amen.




10 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Amen! This is a beautiful tribute.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Sana

Frank Hubeny said...

Nice tribute to Mary Oliver.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you

Charley said...

Fitting for the poet.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Mr Charles Lyman

Grace said...

A lovely tribute to Mary. I hope that when death comes, we can all be gracious and accepting enough.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you May Allah make it easy and peaceful for we all have to go....ameen

Lona Gynt said...

I like like the flying ,this poem has wings.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank you Lona

SARA FATIMA MIR- CHILDHOOD FUN